- Tatemada Molcajete Salsa
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 filet mignon steaks
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 to 12 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic and softened butter. Rub on both sides of filets. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Place filet mignon on a cast iron skillet and cook Medium high to seal for 45 seconds on each side. Then cook medium low for 6 minutes on each side until cooked medium – pink in the middle, no blood.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- To serve slice thin onto plate and pour with Tatemada Molcajete Salsa (reference picture in email).
CHEESY GARLIC HASSELBACK POTATO
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place each potato between two wooden spoons and carefully make cuts every 1/8-inch without cutting all the way through the potato.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and brush them with the melted butter. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for 55 to 60 minutes or until tender. Remove them from the oven and carefully insert the cheddar cheese slices into each cut in the potato. Sprinkle the tops of the potatoes with the Parmesan cheese then return them to the oven and continue baking until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, top them with the chopped chives and plate immediately with filet mignon.