- 6 oz bean thread noodles (dried)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup tatemada Árbol salsa
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- Olive oil
- Tatemada arbol salsa
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup Tatemada Arbol Salsa
- Pinch of salt.
Buy our products now
Price: $32.00 USDBUY NOW
Árbol Thai bean thread noodles with coconut shrimp
- 1Soak the noodles in room temperature water according to package instructions. Then drain the noodles using a colander. Cut them into shorter pieces if desired, and coat with oil to prevent from sticking.
- 2While the noodles are soaking, mix all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- 3Add 1 tbsp oil to the skillet. Add garlic, and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add onions, cabbage, bell pepper, carrots and white pepper to the skillet and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Move the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the beaten eggs to the empty space in the pan. Scramble the eggs until the eggs are cooked through.
- 5Add noodles, and the sauce. Stir fry until the noodles are soft and everything is coated with the sauce.
- 1In a small bowl, add the marmalade, salsa arbol, stir to combine, taste and adjust if desired.
- 2In 3 medium bowls. Combine flour, salt and pepper in one. Beat the eggs in the second bowl and combine panko and coconut in the third.
- 3Dip the shrimp into the flour, then the eggs, and the dredge the shrimp into the coconut mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Set the coated shrimp aside on a plate as you coat the remaining shrimp.
- 4Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the coconut shrimp in batches (6-7 shrimp at a time), flip after 2 minutes and fry the other side for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Place the finished coconut shrimp on a plate lined with paper towels as you fry the rest. Serve with dip sauce.