- 6 cups Blue Corn corn flour (Maseca)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup of lard
- 50 dried Corn husks
- Salt to taste
- 1-pound chicken, finely shredded
- 1- Pound Pork, finely shredded
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Tatemada salsas
Buy our products now
Price: $32.00 USDBUY NOW
Tacos de Bistec with Árbol Salsa
- 1Cut the meat into medium pieces and season in a bowl with salt, pepper, the juice of a lime, ¼ cup of vegetable oil, garlic and onion powder. Cover it with kitchen paper and let it rest preferably overnight.
- 2Adjust the rack to the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
- 3Rinse the potatoes under cold water and gently scrub the outside of the potatoes with a vegetable brush to remove any excess dirt. Dry the potatoes and cover with aluminum foil.
- 4Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet with a wire rack. Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 45 minutes – 55 minutes, or until the center of the largest potato reaches 205 °F. (go to step 8 while potatoes are baking)
- 5Remove the potatoes from the oven. Using a paring knife make one slice down the length of the potato, making sure not to cut all the way through. Grab the potato on either end using a kitchen towel and gently squeeze so as to push the flesh of the potato upwards.
- 6Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and add a tbsp of sour cream cover with shredded cheese.
- 7Return the potatoes to the oven and continue to bake them for an additional 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- 8In a pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil, add julienne onions and stir fry over medium heat for 12 minutes. Reserve in a bowl and add lime juice.
- 9Heat about two tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the meat, fry the meat on both sides over medium heat, covering with the lid for about five minutes per side.
- 10Once the meat is cooked, cut into small pieces.
- 11Heat the tortillas using the same pan in which you cooked the meat.
- 12Serve the tacos and garnish with stir fry onion and cilantro, lime and the salsa Árbol and baked potato as side.