For the Chicken Kabobs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast – cut into 2-inch cubes.
- 5 small onions, cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Salt to taste
- Metal Skewers
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
- Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly oil the grill. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn frequently.
- Serve with sides of Jalapeno hummus and labneh to dip.
For the Jalapeno hummus:
- 1 (15 ounce) canned garbanzo beans, drained.
- 1 (115 ounce) canned garbanzo beans with liquid
- 6 tablespoons tatemada jalapeno salsa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 raw garlic clove, peeled.
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Pita breads, grilled and cut into wedges for dipping.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor bowl and grind into a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a small dip dish and surround spread with warm pita wedges.
For the labneh:
- 8 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste.
- 1 serrano pepper, seedless and finely chopped.
- ¼ onion, finely chopped.
- Line a large colander with a cheesecloth. Stir salt into the yogurt and pour the yogurt into the cheesecloth. Set the colander on a bowl to catch the liquid that drains off. Leave to drain for 4 hours.
- After draining, transfer the resulting cheese to a bowl. Stir in the serrano and onion. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until use.